- Login to your website by either clicking the Login Button, filling in the login form on the side bar or typing http://yourdomain/user into the address bar of your browser. This depends on how your website has been setup.
- Click on Create Content
- Depending on how your website is setup you will have different options. You can either create a Blog entry, Book Page, Event, Group, Image, Page, Newsletter. For purposes of this tutorial we are going to create a page.
- Click on Page
- The Title is a required field, this will be the name of your page. ie About Us or Our Products
- The Body is where your page content will go. You can edit your content in virtually the same manner as editing a word document.
- Click on the Menu Settings Button - a new section will pop up - In the Title field type how you would like the page to appear in the menu list.
- The description is displayed when hovering over a menu item.
- Under the Parent Item this is where you show where you want the menu item to appear.
- The weight determines where in the list of menu items your item will appear -10 is the lightest so it will be on top of the list, 10 is heavy and will be at the bottom of the list.
- eg. Your page called About Us must go in the Primary links and be at the top of the list. - Your Parent item will be Primary links and the weight will be -10
- Comments is set to Disabled by Default - you can leave it like that.
- File attachments - if you would like to add a pdf document to download, you would browse and attached it here.
- URL path setting - Automatic Alias is checked by default - you can leave this like that.
- You can leave the authoring information as the default settings.
- Publishing Options - by default the published box is checked. If you would like the page promoted to the home page you would check this box too.
- You can then preview your page and submit it!